Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Queenstown, New Zealand is Great!*

*Internet not included.

I will air my gripes at the beginning of the post. Apparently, in New Zealand, the internet is not free in a 5-star hotel. Apparently, it's "hard getting internet onto a small island". Manhattan is a small island. I fail to see their logic.

Having said all of this, I will still try to limit my post so as to conserve my 100 MegaByte/day limit (beyond which point I'm charged an exorbitant per megabyte rate) when describing the beauty of the country in which we find ourselves.

I will upload the pictures when they do not cost me $5/picture. However, the beauty that people described to me of New Zealand in the past does not compare to what I'm seeing out of our back window. Not only are we staying in an incredibly luxurious hotel (in which, for the first time on tour), everyone has his own bed, but I get to do laundry, and, tomorrow, I get to white water raft and bungee jump. Kind of. It's not totally bungy jumping. Apparently it's more like bungee swinging. Here, check it out.

http://www.canyonswing.co.nz/index.php

That is what I'm doing tomorrow, as well as white-whater rafting (all starting at the fresh, jet-lagged hour of 8:05am), during which I will try to stave off hypothermia, as it is winter down here (it's about 35 degrees here, or 1 celsius, in case there are any europeans following our blog).

I will update to prove that I lived through bungy swinging, but I fear that if I post more, my credit card will be cancelled for overcharging.

Despite my petty gripes, New Zealand is beautiful. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment