Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bungy Jumping/White Water Rafting


The plan changed a bit today. In the morning, it was too cold for rafting, so the company ended up changing it to the afternoon slot. Sadly, they only had 12 slots for people to paddle a boat in freezing water. Although we would have loved to go, and are sure the other Whiffs had fun (post about it. It's cold and lonely in here), Jay and I went bungy jumping instead. We fell 134 meters attached to large rubber bands. Mom and dad, please look away now.

I'm doing it again tomorrow. Slightly differently. Jay and I decided to do a regular bungy jump today, but tomorrow, more extreme sports await. Half the group (not including myself) is going skydiving, and the other half is going bungy swinging, the thing that I linked to yesterday. 

The rest of the day, I plan on combating jet lag and trying to make it out to a pub crawl. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wiffs,

    I'm looking forward to your performance at the Tamaki Yacht Club, Auckland on SUnday 7 June, 4:30 pm.

    Keep enjoying the adventure.

    You can view an advert for your Auckland performance on my site, http://mynstrel.blogspot.com/2009/05/yale-whiffenpoofs-americas-oldest.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience.I like very much adventure like bungee jumping. If you like doing adventure, try bungee jumping.try bungee jumping into the maw of an active volcano close to Pucon in Chile. Have the best experience leap off the 134 meters high Nevis Highwire Bungy , New Zealand in 8.5 bone-chilling insane helicopter jumperseconds. The Harbour Bridge is another viable option in New Zealand. For more detail refer Bungy Jumping

    ReplyDelete