Thursday, June 11, 2009

How to succeed on tour without really sleeping

So we're in Sydney, Australia for basically an extended layover. I'm exhausted as I write this, having got no more than five hours of sleep for the last five days. I would say I'm running on adrenaline, but I think my body can't produce much more after New Zealand. Today, a group of us walked to Darling Harbor, got lunch, and saw a wide swathe of Australian wildlife at the Harbor Aquarium and Wildlife Experience. The main point I took away is that there are a fantastic array of Australian critters who can kill you, and they all do it in different ways. Even platypi are poisonous! We saw a huge bat eating a mouse while upside down from a branch, big lizards devouring crickets in their pen, and even a kangaroo (named Shredder) snarled at its keeper. Nature is red in tooth and claw.

Anyway, afterwards we walked up to the Bridge and Opera House, and dared Trevor to jump into the Harbor. He demurred. Now we're going to eat dinner and probably have a big night out despite our better judgment.

Deus vult.

No comments:

Post a Comment